Mise à jour du firmware pour DELL Axim X50v
Cette partie donne la procédure et astuce pour upgrader votre PocketPC depuis le Windows Mobile 2003 SE qui est livré avec vers Window Mobile 6.
Now lets assume you'd like to update your device from Windows Mobile 2003 to Windows Mobile 5:
1. Copy the Windows Mobile 5 OS Image and the corresponding CRC File to a FAT32 formatted SD-Card (Valid Filename for example WM50_K_A01_X50v_WM5_ENG.nb0)
2. Copy the Windows Mobile 5 Bootloader and the corresponding CRC File to a FAT32 formatted SD-Card (Valid Filename for example DiMa_B_A01_X50v_WM5_ENG.nb0)
3. Insert the SD-Card into your Axim and start the SD Image Loader by Pressing Wireless + Power + Reset
4. The Image Loader will search for flash images on your SD-Card, as there is still the Windows Mobile 2003 Bootloader on your device it will only look for files beginning with "DiMa" and therefore will only display the bootloader image.
5. Press the action key twice, this starts the update process. DANGER: If this process fails your device will be a 300$ paperweight...
6. After the process is finished (takes only a few seconds) you will be asked to hard reset your system. Ignore this message and press Wireless + Power + Reset again.
7. The Image Loader will search for flash images on your SD-Card, as there is now the Windows Mobile 5 Bootloader on your device it will only look for files beginning with "WM50" and therefore will only display the OS image.
8. Press the action key twice, this starts the update process.
9. After the process is finished you will be asked to hard reset your device. Follow this instruction and wait for the OS to load. That's all.
Dell Axim X50v Windows Mobile 6 Classic A03 Beta 1 ROM.
Remember, if you want to change from WM2003 to WM5 and vice versa you will have to change the prefixes of the bootloader files after extracting... ;-)
D'autres astuces :
why doesn't someone edit page1 of this thread to say that
1. you have to rename two of the files when flashing from 2003SE when going from 2003se to WM05
2. ignore directions to do soft reset after updating bootloader when going from 2003se to WM05
3. you have to rename the checksum file of WM05 AO1 when going from 2003se to WM05
I mean I was pulling out my hair at everysingle one of these stops. When following the steps from page one you have to jump to page one hundred and such to figure out my first point. Then when you think you turned your axim into a brick and figured out to go to diagnostic mode to go to setp 3 then you have to go to page 100 and sumthing to figure out how to do step 3. Sheesh!
I am really grateful, but am very puzzled at why what could be a simple 1,2,3 step process becomes a hair pulling cursing god experience simple because on page 1 some could have edited the first post as said, "hey after you download the WM05 Ao1, two of the three files have to be renamed to work and oh btw the way after you update the boot loader, don't do a soft reset like the directions say, but do a hard reset and load the rom."
Do I sound ungrateful? I really am not but I do wish others not to experience the hell I went through to try to do what the directions here tell you to do.
Again thanks, but everyone else beware.
Oh and here is some stuff so people can search posts and follow in my footsteps fixing stuff so it works.
"checksum image not found"
"no suitable rom image found"
Again when you download "THIS ARCHIVE" from page one the four files must be renamed exactly as above. The first flash you can only choose "B". This updates the boot loader. After that, DO NOT DO A SOFT RESET! Do a hard reset (wifi-power-reset) and then load "K". This takes a few minutes. The "B" only takes a few seconds. After "K" is done, do a soft reset... (power+reset)